AmeriCorps VISTA 3SquaresVT Outreach Coordinator
Full-time, One-Year AmeriCorps VISTA Volunteer
The Vermont Foodbank, in partnership with the New York City Coalition Against Hunger (NYCCAH), is seeking a full-time AmeriCorps VISTA 3SQUARESVT Outreach Coordinator.
The AmeriCorps VISTA volunteer will work in Barre, Vermont to assist eligible hard-to-reach Vermont residents enroll in the 3SquaresVT (3SVT) program. 3SquaresVT is the name of the SNAP(food Stamp) program in Vermont. The AmeriCorps VISTA will work with Vermont Foodbank 3SVT Outreach Team to coordinate outreach appointments, engage community partners, and recruit volunteers to conduct outreach and enrollment assistance for 3SVT. This position includes detail to attention and is heavy in administrative responsibilities.
- Recruit, train, oversee, and coordinate volunteers who will outreach to vulnerable, hard- to- reach residents, and assist in enrolling them in 3SquaresVT.
- Become trained in 3SquaresVT education, pre-screening, application process, and case management.
- Become trained on Oasis Insight web-based software.
- Attend and participate in monthly meetings of the 3SquaresVT workgroup and other local hunger relief meetings.
- Conduct regular meetings with volunteers to provide support, assess progress, and collect report and feedback forms.
- Work collaboratively with 3SquaresVT Outreach Manager to expand 3SquaresVT outreach opportunities by answering phones, making follow up phone calls, setting up appointments and assisting where needed.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work study.
- Ability to drive, excellent driving history, valid driver’s license, and current insurance card.
- Knowledge of and experience with issues related to hunger, poverty, and nutrition.
- Strong customer relations, (written, confidentiality and phone skills).
- Ability to present information clearly to individuals and groups.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Proficient in program development, implementation, and evaluation.
- Experience and comfort working in a variety of cultures and communities.
- Ability to develop and coordinate trainings and educational workshops.
- Ability to research and develop strategies and materials to access vulnerable, hard-to- reach populations.
- Proficient in MS Office, database management, and internet.
This is a one year, full-time position. Because AmeriCorps VISTA service requires full immersion in the project and community, both full- and part-time employment outside of your designated placement are strictly prohibited – no exceptions – including political and religious activities. For more information, please review the AmeriCorps VISTA Terms, Conditions and Benefits information available at – http://bit.ly/1dAs2FM.
AmeriCorps VISTA volunteers are responsible for their own housing.
AmeriCorps VISTA Program Benefits:
- $946.00 monthly living allowance, paid biweekly
- Segal Education Award ($5,645) or End-of-Service stipend ($1,500)
- Health benefits*
- Opportunity to forbear student loans while in service (if applicable)
- Relocation assistance (if applicable)
- Childcare assistance (if applicable)
- Optional life insurance
- One year non-competitive status for federal government positions
- A network of over 180,000 AmeriCorps VISTA members and alumni
How to Apply:
Complete the program application here.
Please also submit a cover letter and your résumé to: [email protected]
*Health benefits provided by participating in the AmeriCorps VISTA program currently do not meet the individual mandate of the Affordable Care Act. If an AmeriCorps VISTA volunteer does not enroll in a separate program to meet this mandate, they may be assessed a penalty payment.
Résumés will be considered immediately. Search will continue until the position is filled.