Inventory Control Supervisor
The Vermont Foodbank is seeking an Inventory Control Supervisor based out of our Barre branch. Reporting to the director of operations, this is a full-time, year-round position.
The inventory control supervisor is responsible for organizing and implementing all policies, procedures, systems and best practices with regard to inventory, for the purpose of maintaining accurate information at all VFB facilities.
- Works cooperatively with staff and volunteers to support the mission of the Foodbank and meet and sustain Foodbank goals.
- Ensure VFB Barre warehouse operations are conducted efficiently and effectively.
- Maintain distribution, receipt, and storage of all food products.
- Maintain an accurate inventory system.
- Oversee re-inspections, expirations, FIFO, and all other related inventory and warehousing activities in accordance with AIB and other applicable standards.
- Adhere to the rapid turnover of food received by the Foodbank.
- Perform a thorough analysis of current inventory policies; identify any deficiencies and inefficiencies and making correctional recommendations.
- Resolve any discrepancies in a timely manner.
- Monitor the accuracy of all inventory levels, at all VFB locations, resolving any errors as required.
- Acquire and maintain Bendi, fork lift, and pallet jack certifications.
- Manages physical inventory process.
- Oversee production area activities (salvage, meat sorting, Backpack, CSFP, etc.) in accordance with policies and procedures.
A complete job description is available upon request.
Send applications & job resume by April 30, 2014
Human Resources Department; Attn: Francine Chittenden
The Vermont Foodbank is an EOE