Hunger Action Month
What is Hunger Action Month?
September is Hunger Action Month, when we ask everyone to take action to fight hunger in their community, all month long. Hunger Action Month is your opportunity to join a movement that has a real and lasting impact on our effort to feed more Vermonters than ever before. Whether it’s by advocating and raising awareness, making donations, or volunteering, individuals can find the way that’s right for them to make a difference during Hunger Action Month.
2013 Campaign: Together, We Can Solve Hunger
This September, we're asking everyone to Speak Out Against Hunger on behalf of the nearly 49 million people in America that struggle with hunger. Individuals can download the 30 Ways in 30 Days Calendar and post it on your refrigerator, at work, or even on bulletin boards around town. Businesses and organizations can participate in the Go Orange Campaign.
**NEW: Help us Go Orange this month through your art, images and digital media! Take an image (photo, painting, drawing, etc.), turn it orange or include orange elements and send a jpeg to Michelle Barber at email@example.com. Feel free to include your name, logo or website in the image. We'll share the image on social media and the web. (Sending the image implies permission for us to use it.) We'll run a Facebook contest through the end of the month and the fan favorite will win prizes and accolades! We're excited to see what you can turn orange: the State House? the Bennington Monument? your house? your pets? Show us what you've got!
Here are a few other things you can do to speak out against hunger in Vermont:
Volunteer at the Vermont Foodbank. Family Philanthropy Day is also Sept. 14th.
Make a donation-- $1 equals 3 meals for our neighbors in need.
Pick for Your Neighbor at a participating apple orchard.
Visit the South Burlington Uno for a Dough Raiser on September 5th.
- Change your Facebook icon to this. Or this.
- Change your Facebook cover image to the "Together we can solve hunger" image. Or the "Be a part of the solution to end hunger" image.
- Help us win $750 in whole grain foods. Complete this quick form and, for the organization contact, write-in Michelle Barber at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Check out all of the events we have planned for Hunger Action Month!
- Visit the businesses taking part in the Go Orange campaign.
Enter our raffle - help us spread the message and win prizes!
- Participate in the Feeding America virtual town hall on Sept. 17th.