Hunger Action Conference 2014
Thank you for a successful 2014 Hunger Action Conference!
8th Annual Vermont Foodbank Hunger Action Conference
Friday, May 9th, 2014
Sheraton Conference Center
South Burlington, Vermont
The Vermont Foodbank Hunger Action Conference brings together hundreds of attendees, representing charitable food providers and partners in the anti-hunger movement, to leverage the power of sharing information and resources for collaboration and progress.
This year’s conference focused on the importance of celebrating successes and the value of telling our story, along with teaching tangible tools for mindfulness in leadership, whole systems collaboration and operating from our core values. You can view the agenda and workshop descriptions here, as well as:
2014 Conference Highlights
Workshop speakers from around Vermont and beyond offered presentations on:
- The Art of Telling Your Story and Ignition Point: Creating an Elevator Speech That Cannot Be Ignored with keynote Kim Weitkamp
- Re-Establishing Social and Economic Mobility, with Jesús Gerena, executive director of the Family Independence Initiative
- Every Day Ethics and Ethical Leadership with Martha Maksym, executive director of the United Way for Chittenden County
- Mindfulness in Leadership with executive director, Kim Nolan from WholeHeart Inc.
- Round Table Discussion on Whole Systems Collaboration with Linda Ryan, Director of Samaritan House & Co-chair of the Governor’s Council on Pathways out of Poverty; Molly Scott, Senior Research Associate in the Metropolitan Housing and Communities Center; Paul Dragon, Chief Administrator of the Vermont Office of Economic Opportunity and John Sayles, Vermont Foodbank CEO. This workshop will be facilitated by Monica Hutt, Director of Policy and Planning for the Vermont Agency of Human Services.
- World Cafe discussion led by Jeff Mandell, MS
- Ben and Jerry's Ice Cream Social, with ice cream donated by:
Featured Keynote & Presenter
Featured keynote speaker and workshop presenter, Kim Weitkamp, is a humorist, coach and a spoken word artist. Kim will share how to “shift the paradigm,” using her own personal stories, leaving the audience feeling rejuvenated and ready to take on the world. She is the proud recipient of the Toastmasters Leadership and Communication Award, and has recently worked with other anti-hunger organizations including Feeding America and the Greater Boston Food Bank.
For the Conference Agenda and Workshop Descriptions, click here.
Blue Cross Blue Shield of Vermont
Chittenden Emergency Food Shelf
Mutual of America