This Meatless Monday, we have a beet recipe that takes it up a notch with mustard vinaigrette. We also have growing, storage and prep tips from Vermont Fresh: A Fruit and Vegetable Handbook.
This recipe was created for us by Karen Ranz, a volunteer testing and tasting recipes from Vermont Fresh. Thank you, Karen!
Meatless Monday Recipe: Roasted Beets with Mustard Vinaigrette
- 1 lb fresh beets
- ¼ cup olive or walnut oil
- 1 Tbsp Wine or sherry vinegar
- 1-2 tsp prepared mustard
- ½ tsp Sugar
- ¼ tsp salt
- Cut the beets from their tops leaving an inch or more of stems attached.
- Roast in a 325 degree oven for 30 minutes to 1 hour depending on the size, until a knife tip slips in easily.
- Once cool enough to handle, peel with a sharp knife.
- Slice onto a serving plate and dr