Hunger affects 1 in 4 Vermonters. As individuals, businesses, charities and government, we all have a role to play in getting food to our neighbors in need. Partnerships are especially important to fulfilling the Vermont Foodbank’s mission to gather and share quality food so that no one in Vermont will go hungry.
How Your Business Can Help
This September, we are asking businesses to take action against hunger. Kick-off Hunger Action Month now by filling out the form below. There are a number of ways to take action.
- Donate Orange – $30 = 50 meals. Mail a check to Vermont Foodbank, Attn: Mica Seely, 33 Parker Road, Barre, VT 05641. Please note “Hunger Action Month” in the memo line.
- Show Orange – Decorate your storefront orange, include a Hunger Action Month message in your regular communication with customers.
- Sell Orange – $3 = 5 meals. Be creative! Donate proceeds from the sale of an item in your store or restaurant, ask customers to round up their change at the register, offer a dress down day in return for donations from employees.
- Share Orange – You can’t do much on an empty stomach but you can help fight hunger. Check out this poster and learn how to tell your fans what you’re doing to fight hunger and tag @VermontFoodbank. Share our messages on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram. We’ll be using #HungerActionMonth.
- Collect Orange – Display a donation box or jar. Please use your own container if possible. Donation signs can be printed here.
- Fundraise Orange – Did you know that your dollar can go further when you donate to the Vermont Foodbank as opposed to donating food you’ve purchased? It’s true! So boost your impact, and start a Virtual Food Drive today!
- Pick Orange – Pick apples, actually. Participate in Pick For Your Neighbor by organizing an outing for e