Hunger affects 1 in 4 Vermonters. As individuals, businesses, charities and government, we all have a role to play in getting food to our neighbors in need. Partnerships are especially important to fulfilling the Vermont Foodbank’s mission to gather and share quality food so that no one in Vermont will go hungry.
How Your Business Can Help
This September, we are asking businesses to take action against hunger. Kick-off Hunger Action Month now by filling out the form below. There are a number of ways to take action.
- Promote Orange – NEW THIS YEAR! Partner with Vermont Foodbank and Localvore Today on a donation campaign that will market your business while raising money for the Foodbank. Learn more here.
- Donate Orange – Help provide 30,000 meals this September. $100 = 300 meals. Mail a check to Vermont Foodbank, Attn: Nicole Whalen, 33 Parker Road, Barre, VT 05641. Please note “Hunger Action Month” in the memo line.
- Show Orange – Decorate your storefront orange, include a Hunger Action Month message in your regular communication with customers, and/or switch to using orange spoons all month long.
- Sell Orange – $1 = 3 meals. Be creative! Donate proceeds from the sale of an item in your store or restaurant, ask customers to round up their change at the register, offer a dress down day in return for donations from employees.
- Share Orange – You can’t do much on an empty stomach but you can help fight hunger. Check out this poster and learn how to tell your fans what you’re doing to fight hunger and tag @VermontFoodbank. Share our messages on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and LinkedIn. We’ll be using #HungerActionMonth.
- Collect Orange – Display a donation box or jar. Please use your own container if possible. Donation signs can be printed here.
Will you join us this September in speaking out against hunger? Activate your network of customers, colleagues, and employees to make a lasting impact on the lives of our friends and neighbors in need.
More Ways to Get Involved
Visit the Hunger Action Month resources page for more individual actions you can take to support the Vermont Foodbank in September.