NON-EXEMPT, FULL TIME
The data and donor services manager is part of a fun and innovative Philanthropy team. This position’s primary responsibility is to provide database administration services such as managing users; monitoring technology updates and outages; designing and implementing data auditing, clean-up, and enrichment practices; optimizing our use of our database, Raiser’s Edge; and supporting the marketing plan through data services like exporting and importing communication lists. This position will also be responsible for financial reconciliation of all charitable gifts and overseeing the accurate and timely processing, data entry, acknowledgement of gifts. During peak fundraising season, this will mean playing a significant role in supporting the day-to-day handling and entering of gifts and responding to donor inquiries. This position will provide some reporting support, fulfill research requests, and charge all incoming funds, including recurring monthly donations. A high level of quality customer service combined with accuracy, tact and diplomacy are necessary. The ideal candidate loves data and systems, has excellent technology skills, is self-motivated to research and troubleshoot complex issues, and has comfort and ease with numbers and finance. This position interacts frequently with donors, volunteers and staff in the daily operations of the Foodbank.
Global Functions and Responsibilities
- Works cooperatively and is able to communicate with staff and volunteers to support the mission of the Foodbank to meet and sustain Foodbank goals.
- Positively contributes to an organizational culture of safe and secure food handling, warehousing and distribution.
- The Foodbank relies on volunteers every day to fulfill our mission. All Foodbank employees must support our culture of philanthropy by treating every volunteer with appreciation and respect.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Administers an accurate donor and constituent database:
- Oversees continual improvement and maintenance of a comprehensive and accurate database which reflects the needs of all users, including gift tracking, acknowledgment, donor recognition and all aspects of data management.
- Works closely with the solicitation team and marketing to accurately track all donor activities and gifts.
- Works with volunteer coordinator to accurately track volunteer activities in Raiser’s Edge.
- Designs and implements comprehensive data auditing procedures on a regular schedule, and practices continuous database clean-up and maintenance.
- Locates and defines new process improvement opportunities.
- Ensures accurate processing, data entry and acknowledgment of daily donations including in-house gifts, gifts-in-kind, matching donations, credit card processing, online gifts, lockbox procedures and others.
- Develops guidelines and practices for inputting data into the system, and works with the team to ensure meaningful data coding and design.
- Manages all Blackbaud security settings and users.
- Stays informed about Raiser’s Edge and NetCommunity updates and outages.
- Works in partnership with the finance and accounting team to ensure transparent money handling procedures and accounts reconciliation, and to ensure that all donations balance to organizational bank statements by the end of the first week of the month. Balancing responsibilities include daily and monthly tasks and reporting.
- Charges all donations, including daily deposits, credit cards, and monthly recurring donations.
- Supports the director of philanthropy in managing and administering all payment processors, such as payment processors, such as Classy.org, WePay, Blackbaud NetCommunity, Blackbaud Merchant Services, and more.
- Assists in generating reports, communication lists, and creating data queries as needed by team.
- Responds to donor inquiries and requests within 24 hours.
- Maintains excellence in the use of Raiser’s Edge and Blackbaud NetCommunity, and actively seeks training opportunities.
- Provides back up for donor services coordinator all year long, with special attention to the peak fundraising season.
- Develops, motivates, and supervises direct report. Responsibilities include hiring and onboarding, performance and workload management, goal setting, conflict management, coaching and personal/professional development planning.
Education and/or Experience:
- Preferred: prior experience managing a CRM database or comparable technology.
- Preferred: prior supervisory experience.
Other Skills and Abilities:
- Commitment to accuracy and detail.
- Superior technical skills and expertise.
- Ability to troubleshoot and research independently.
- Good analytical skills.
- Solid math and financial skills.
- Ability to perform well in a fast-paced environment.
- Proficient in oral and written skills.
- A firm command of the English language.
- A working knowledge of PowerPoint, Word and Outlook.
- Superior knowledge of Excel.
- Extensive experience working with databases.
- Experience with Raiser’s Edge preferred.
- A valid Vermont Driver’s License.
- 3-year motor vehicle report (MVR) showing a clean driving record.
- This position will supervise 1 employee.
The Vermont Foodbank is an EOE. A complete job description is available upon request. Send application, cover letter & job resume to Human Resources Department; Attn: Francine Chittenden firstname.lastname@example.org .