This position primarily pickup and delivery of food; as well as, receipt, warehousing, fulfillment, inventory and management of all products stored in the Vermont Foodbank warehouses.
- Works cooperatively and be able to communicate with staff and volunteers to support the mission of the Foodbank to meet and sustain Foodbank goals.
- Positively contribute to an organizational culture of safe and secure food handling, warehousing and distribution.
- The Foodbank relies on volunteers every day to fulfill our mission. All Foodbank employees must support our culture of philanthropy by treating every volunteer with appreciation and respect.
- Ensure the proper sanitary and safe warehousing of all products in accordance with Feeding America and VFB guidelines.
- Efficiently and safely pick up and deliver products as assigned and compute proper paper work to maintain accurate inventory.
- Load and unload trucks using forklift and/or motorized pallet jack (or any other materials handling device available.
- Assist agencies with pick-ups.
- Maintain a clean warehouse, freezer, cooler and dock area.
- Maintain vehicles in a high state of cleanliness.
- Maintain a neat personal appearance, professionalism in all interactions with other staff, the public, and the clients the Foodbank serves.
- Deliver products to all supported agencies and individuals.
- Adhere to policies and procedures in the fleet safety booklet regarding reporting accidents, daily vehicle checks, completing associated paperwork, and participate in random screenings for substance abuse.
- Accept, receipt, store and stage all products.
- Maintain accurate inventory control procedures.
- Take part during physical inventory.
- Other duties as assigned by the driver supervisor.
- Daily log sheets.
- Keep accurate paperwork.
Education and/or Experience:
- Six months’ experience in warehousing and distribution preferably in a food related industry.
- Experience in the use of material handling equipment.
Other Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent customer service and team skills.
- Must be able to lift up to 45 lbs. repeatedly.
- Become certified on Bendi, fork lift and power jacks.
- Willingness to get a CDL-B license a plus.
- Good communication skills.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Outlook and smart phone technology.
- A valid Driver’s License.
- 3-year motor vehicle report (MVR) showing a clean driving record.
A complete job description is available upon request.
Please submit application on-line at https://www.vtfoodbank.org/employment; be sure to include a cover letter & resume Attention: Human Resources Department. The Vermont Foodbank is an EEO.