This position primarily involves receipt, warehousing, fulfillment, inventory and management of all products stored in the Vermont Foodbank distribution centers.
- Works cooperatively and is able to communicate with staff and volunteers to support the mission of the Foodbank to meet and sustain Foodbank goals.
- Positively contribute to an organizational culture of safe and secure food handling, warehousing and distribution.
- The Foodbank relies on volunteers every day to fulfill our mission. All Foodbank employees must support our culture of philanthropy by treating every volunteer with appreciation and respect.
- Ensure proper sanitary and safe warehousing of all products in accordance with Feeding America, VF, and AIB guidelines.
- Maintain a neat personal appearance.
- Accurately select & stage agency orders per delivery route order or pickups.
- Operate forklift, electric pallet jacks and complete daily logs.
- Load and unload trucks in accordance with VF, AIB, and Feeding America procedures.
- Accept, receipt, store, stage & pick all products with a high degree of accuracy and according to established warehouse procedures.
- Maintain accurate inventory control procedures.
- Provide backup for sort room activities – be able to perform duties to keep sort room functioning, including overseeing of volunteers and non-volunteers.
- Ability to make independent decisions when supervisor may be unavailable.
- Ability to evaluate and prioritize daily workload and to look for ways to improve work flow.
- Must be able to work some nights and weekends as required.
- Responsible for routine facilities maintenance including sweeping, cleaning, floor maintenance, pallet inspections, etc.
- Take part in physical inventor
- Other duties as assigned by the warehouse supervisor.
- Be available to travel to other distribution centers to assist as needed
Education and/or Experience:
- Six months’ experience in warehousing and distribution, ideally in a food-related industry, preferred.E
- Experience in the use of material handling equipment.
Other Skills and Abilities:
- Customer service focused.
- Frequent lifting of up to 45 lbs.
- Must be capable working with a diverse group of people.
- Understanding of warehouse and inventory control systems and practices.
- Ability to work in partnership with other staf