Join Feeding America’s National Call-in Day on November 28
Spread the word and take action
With Congress back in session, the top priority is addressing the looming “Fiscal Cliff.” Congress must also decide whether to complete the Farm Bill reauthorization or delay it until next year. While the path forward remains unclear, we know that action will move quickly after Thanksgiving and that SNAP and other nutrition programs remain at risk of funding cuts. We also face the possibility of tax policy changes that could harm the ability of food banks to raise much needed food and fund donations. As a result, we need to get out in front and urge Members of Congress to stand strong against cuts to hunger-relief programs like SNAP, TEFAP, and WIC and to protect the charitable tax deduction and food donation tax extender.
On November 28, Feeding America and other partners are hosting a national call-in day to mobilize advocates across the country in opposition to cutting hunger-relief programs and protecting tax incentives to encourage food and fund donations as part of a deal on the Fiscal Cliff. We hope you can join us and share our message with your local supporters, partners, and through social media.
Use our toll free phone number 1-866-527-1087 to call your Representative and Senators and help us track the number of calls we’ve made.
Call in Details:
As Congress debates how to address the looming Fiscal Cliff, we must urge them to do it the right way. Help us show Congress that cutting programs that help feed struggling families is not the way to balance the budget.
Calling Congress is easy! Here’s how:
- Call our toll-free hotline at 866-527-1087
- Listen to the pre-recorded message and enter your zip code when prompted. You will then be connected to your Representative.
- State that you are a constituent and give your name and the town you are calling from. Be sure to give the name of the food bank or local agency you are affiliated with.
- Let them know you are calling about anti-hunger programs and deliver this important message:
- Sample Message to Congress
- I urge you to oppose cutting SNAP and other hunger-relief programs as part of any deal on the Fiscal Cliff and to continue to protect tax incentives to encourage food and fund donations to food banks. Cutting programs that put food on the table for hungry Americans is not the way to balance our nation’s budget.
- Be sure to repeat the process so that you speak with your Representative and both of your Senators.
Please take action yourself and pass this along!