On August 8th, 800+ cyclist will converge on the Windsor, VT Harpoon Brewery for three scenic bike rides and a great after-party, all to benefit the Vermont Foodbank!
The Harpoon Point to Point presented by National Life Group is the largest fundraiser for the Vermont Foodbank. Since 2002, we’ve raised $906,250! Our goal this year is to push past the $1 Million mark – and we can only do it with your help! Riders not only ride a 25, 50 or 100 mile course, but they fundraise to fight hunger in Vermont too.
Since riders are doing so much to help the Vermont Foodbank, several bike shops have stepped up to help you – the riders! Check out these great deals from Bicycle Express, Onion River Sports, Fit Werx, and The Bike Hub:
Noah and his team at Bicycle Express will be on course for the 100 mile riders from start to finish making sure everyone is safe and taken care of. This year, they have a few offers for registered Harpoon Point to Point Riders:
- $10 off a level 2 tune up
- Harpoon Point to Point riders who purchase a bike at their shop receive a free helmet (not exceeding $60 value)
- Purchase a bike over $1200 and they will comp your Harpoon Point to Point Registration fee! (Not including the fundraising minimum. Credit will be deducted from the Bike. You will still need to register online!)
- *Must show proof of registation to take advantage of these deals
Ian at Fit Werx is writing training tips for riders each month leading up to the big day. Check out his tips on the Harpoon Point to Point news page. Their offers for riders with proof of registration are:
- $10 off a bike tune promo
- $25 off a bike fit
- Point-to-Point riders are eligible to earn up to a $200 contribution towards their fundraising efforts under the Fit Werx Gives Back program and Team Fit Werx for Charity Riders.
Owner Bill and his team will be on course supporting the 50 Mile riders from start to finish to make sure everyone is safe and taken care of. This year, they have 2 offers for registered Harpoon Point to Point riders:
- $10 off a bike tune up
- Purchase a bike and they will donate 5% of the purchase price to your fundraising campaign!
- *The Bike Hub has group rides on Wednesdays and Saturdays. Check out their website or their Facebook page for information.
Richie and the Paradise Sports team continue the tradition of supporting P2P riders during their conquest of the 25-mile edition of the Harpoon Point-to-Point ride, providing mechanical service both on course and at the Brownsville Stop and Go (SAG). If you need assistance, just look for the vehicle with the Paradise logo and they’ll be happy to help you out. Join us in Paradise on July 23 during the Point-to-Point training ride, when we’ll ride the 25-mile course.
- Save $10 on a tune up before you ride
- Save 15% off cycling wear and accessories with your P2P registration
- *Mountain bike with Paradise on Wednesdays nights or join their group road rides on Thursday nights. Go both ways? Then join them for both!*
Onion River Sports in downtown Montpelier will be on course offering support to riders at rest stops and they have an offer for registered Harpoon Point to Point Riders:
- $10 off a tune up with proof of registration
In addition to all of these great deals, riders also receive:
- Harpoon Point to Point t-shirt
- Breakfast/lunch before ride
- Ride support – rest stops, refreshments, mechanical support and cheering crowds
- Post-ride party at the Harpoon Brewery, including BBQ and three tickets for Harpoon beer
- Plus, cheering crowds and gratitude from the Vermont Foodbank!
Ready to ride? Learn more about the Harpoon Point to Point here.