Thank you for participating in Hunger Action Month! Hunger Action Month is your opportunity to join a movement that has a real and lasting impact on our effort to feed more Vermonters than ever before. Whether it’s by sharing social media messages, writing letters to the editor, getting friends involved to volunteer or making a donation, there’s a way for you to make a difference during Hunger Action Month. Here are some Hunger Action Month Resources.
Be sure to:
- Follow us on social media and share our messages. We’re on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and LinkedIn. We’ll be using #HungerActionMonth.
- Pick For Your Neighbor. Rally your friends, family, or coworkers and head to your local participating orchard to pick and purchase apples for our neighbors facing hunger. Learn more here!
- Share your story. Click here to share with us why it is important to you to fight hunger or how hunger has affected you and your community.
- Write a letter to the editor about hunger in Vermont. Here’s a template to get you started.
- Donate. Every $3 donated can help provide 5 meals to a neighbor facing hunger.
- Volunteer. We are always looking for volunteers to help sort and pack food, glean fresh produce at local farms, and more. Become a Foodbank volunteer today!
Here are some additional resources you can use right away (right click on images and click Save Image As to download):
Facebook Cover Image
Social Media Graphics
Social Media Messages
The feeling of running on empty is a reality for 153,000 people in Vermont. You can make a difference at vtfoodbank.org/give #HungerActionMonth
Help fight hunger in your community by taking action with the Vermont Foodbank this #HungerActionMonth. See how you can help at vtfoodbank.org/HAM. #HungerActionMonth
Together, we can help everyone reach their full potential. Take action against hunger today, visit vtfoodbank.org/HAM #HungerActionMonth
Advocate. Educate. Volunteer. Donate. Everyone has a role to play in ending hunger in Vermont. Take action today by visiting vtfoodbank.org/HAM #HungerActionMonth