Thank you for participating in Hunger Action Month! Hunger Action Month is your opportunity to join a movement that has a real and lasting impact on our effort to feed more Vermonters than ever before. Whether it’s by sharing social media messages, writing letters to the editor, getting friends involved to volunteer or making a donation, there’s a way for you to make a difference during Hunger Action Month. Here are some Hunger Action Month Resources.
Be sure to:
- Follow us on social media and share our messages. We’re on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and LinkedIn. We’ll be using #HungerActionMonth. Use our social media copy and social media images!
- Pick For Your Neighbor. Rally your friends, family, or coworkers and head to your local participating orchard to pick and purchase apples for our neighbors facing hunger. Learn more here!
- Share your story. Click here to share with us why it is important to you to fight hunger or how hunger has affected you and your community.
- Donate. Every $3 donated can help provide 5 meals to a neighbor facing hunger.
- Hold a Virtual Food Drive. Did you know that your dollar can go further when you donate to the Vermont Foodbank as opposed to donating food you’ve purchased? It’s true! So boost your impact, and start a Virtual Food Drive today!
- Volunteer. We are always looking for volunteers to help sort and pack food, glean fresh produce at local farms, and more. Become a Foodbank volunteer today!
Social Media Images
Click to open image galleries. Right click on image and choose save to download images, or, use the social buttons on each image to share directly to a social media platform.
Social Media Copy
Facebook Option 1:
Every Action Counts. During September, #HungerActionMonth, @FeedingAmerica is challenging you to help hit our goal of taking 40,000 actions to end hunger. We can end hunger one helping at a time – and it starts with you! vtfoodbank.org/HAM.
Facebook Option 2:
September is #HungerActionMonth. Sharing, volunteering, pledging to advocate, fundraising and donating are just a few of the ways you can pitch in. By taking action, we can end hunger one helping at a time. vtfoodbank.org/HAM @FEEDINGAMERICA @vermontfoodbank
Facebook Option 3:
1 in 8 people in America may not know where their next meal will come from. You can take action this #HungerActionMonth. Join @FeedingAmerica and @vermontfoodbank by providing food to your neighbors in need, one helping at a time. vtfoodbank.org/HAM
Facebook Option 4:
40 million people in America may not know where their next meal will come from—that’s 1 out of 8 eight of us. You can make a difference this #HungerActionMonth. Take action with @FeedingAmerica and @vermontfoodbank to end hunger, one helping at a time. vtfoodbank.org/HAM
Twitter Option 1:
September is #HungerActionMonth. You can make a difference every day by taking actions like retweeting, wearing orange, donating or volunteering. Every action counts. With @FeedingAmerica, @vermontfoodbank and you, we can end hunger one helping at a time.
Twitter Option 2:
September is #HungerActionMonth. Join @FeedingAmerica and make a difference every day by taking actions like retweeting, wearing orange, donating or volunteering. Every action counts. We can end hunger one helping at a time. vtfoodbank.org/HAM
Twitter Option 3:
Every Action Counts. During September, #HungerActionMonth, our goal of 40,000 actions starts with you. We can end hunger one helping at a time. vtfoodbank.org/HAM @FEEDINGAMERICA
Facebook post copy can be used for Instagram.